Ever think you just don’t have time to fix yourself a healthy breakfast in the crazy morning rush? When we’re pressed for time and feeling frazzled, that’s usually when we turn to unhealthy choices or skimp on breakfast altogether. Starting off by making a healthy choice for breakfast makes it easier to choose other healthy options throughout the day.
Take the stress out of preparing a healthy breakfast by prepping it the night before. And with cooler mornings almost upon us, these will become some of your fall favorites.
*Tip for overnight oats: use old fashioned oats NOT quick oats, otherwise they will be too mushy*
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 T granulated sweetener of choice (I used both coconut palm sugar and a stevia blend)
- 1 cup dairy free milk of choice
- 1 large egg white (use 1 flax egg if vegan)
- 1 T coconut flour
- Extra cinnamon, for dusting
- 1 T coconut butter, melted
- 1 T vanilla protein powder
- Milk to thin out
- cinnamon for dusting
- 3 T vanilla protein powder
- Milk to thin out
- Cinnamon for dusting
- In a saucepan or microwave safe bowl, combine the rolled oats, sea salt, cinnamon, sweetener of choice and milk of choice and simmer on medium until most of the liquid is absorbed. Once thick, add the large egg white (or flax egg) and mix very well until fully mixed in. Add the coconut flour and continue stirring until a very thick batter is formed. Add extra dairy free milk to desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and pour into a bowl. Top with cinnamon roll glaze.
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and slowly add the dairy free milk until desired consistency is reached.
- If batter is too thick, add extra dairy free milk to desired consistency. I like it to be really batter like so tend to add around an extra 1/4 cup.
- This can be batch made the night before and eaten hot/cold.
- This can also be frozen- Simply thaw out and and reheat.
- For even more protein, add an extra scoop of protein powder but add extra dairy free milk to compensate.