I LOVE easy dinner recipes that use ingredients I most likely already have on hand or are easy and inexpensive to get. I found this Baked Hawaiian Chicken recipe from thepinningmama and knew I had to try it, so I made a couple changes it to make it a “cleaner” version. Enjoy!
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6-12 Tbsp barbecue sauce (try this clean recipe)
- 1 can pineapple slices, drained
- 6 -8 slices part skim mozzarella cheese (or shredded mozzarella works too
- Lay the chicken breast flat in a baking dish. I decided to pour about half of the pineapple juice from the can in the bottom of my dish for the chicken to cook in.
- Spread 1-2 Tbsp of BBQ sauce on each chicken breast.
- Place 2 pineapple rings on each chicken breast.
- Layer 2 slices of cheese on top of the pineapple on each chicken breast.
- Place in an oven preheated to 375˚F for 20 minutes, lightly covered with foil. Then remove the foil and continue to bake for 15-25 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear.
- Serve with rice, greens, or potatoes and ENJOY!