I know it’s Wednesday, but I didn’t get around to posting a favorite healthy recipe yesterday, and I just couldn’t wait another week to share this one with you!
Not only are mangoes delicious, they have tons of health benefits too!
This recipe only has a handful of ingredients and you can even make it into a freezer meal. Recipe from six sisters stuff
Slow Cooker Mango Chicken
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (mine were frozen)
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups mango salsa
- TIP: You can buy premade mango salsa at the store either in the refrigerated section or canned in the aisle with other salsa varieties. Make sure to read labels for added ingredients that aren’t clean. If you can’t find premade salsa, you can always make your own using this recipe, just leave out the sugar and add a few more tomatoes to offset the taste)
- Cumin to taste (1/2 to 1 tsp.)
- Lemon Pepper to taste (1/2 to 1 tsp.)
- Put chicken breasts in slow cooker.
- Mix all other ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Pour over chicken breasts and cook on high for 4-6 hours.
- Shred chicken with two forks in the crock pot and serve over rice.
- Garnish with cilantro, if desired.