Does anyone else get freaked out by foods that don’t seem to expire? Pudding is one of those store bought foods that has so many added and processed ingredients in it that it seems to have an eternal shelf life (seriously, my friend opened a package from her parent’s food storage room that “expired” in the 90’s and it looked exactly the same as a new package–not cool!) Unfortunately, pudding is a food that kids love and beg for when we’re at the store. Heck, even some adults love the creamy texture and sweet flavor.
I was able to find a clean eating version of this popular snack and it’s amazing! So many good for you ingredients and this is one of those fun recipes that kids can help with.
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 3 very ripe bananas, peeled
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- place avocados, bananas, and honey into the bowl of a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth
- add vanilla extract and unsweetened cocoa powder to avocado mixture and continue blending until well combined
- divide pudding into 4 single serve cups and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. These are best served very cold.