Today’s Tasty Tuesday is a little different. I’m a huge Shakeology lover and often people ask me how they can get a little variety in their shakes when they still have a lot of one flavor left. Here’s a quick and delicious idea (I’ll be sharing more of these recipes later on):
And Spring Break is upon us! Not only is this a huge travel time for families, but it means the start of warmer weather and being outside more. It’s so tempting to stop at a convenience store or drive-thru when you’re traveling or have spent the afternoon at the park with the kiddos. DON’T DO IT! With some simple planning you can curb those munchies while satisfying your hunger. These snack ideas are “Mix & Match” so choose a couple from the list (source) for a great low calorie, healthy alternative:
- 1 cup dark chocolate almond milk (100 calories)
- 1/2 cup strawberries (24 calories)
- 10 natural almonds (70 calories)
- 1 plain whole grain waffle (75 calories)
- 1/4 cup blueberries (21 calories)
- 1/2 apple (36 calories)
- 1 light string cheese (50 calories)
- 3 cups air-popped butter free popcorn (94 calories)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce with 1 tsp cinnamon (56 calories)
- 3/4 cup raspberries (40 calories)
Also, if you’re craving a treat, for some reason natural peanut butter feels like an indulgence, but really isn’t. 1 tablespoon is 94 calories. Spread some on your whole wheat waffle or some celery sticks (1 stalk is only 6 calories!) Or if you’re like me, right out of the jar is good too!
Most of these snacks fit easily into a purse or day pack and can easily be prepped ahead of time. Don’t let let “the munchies” throw off your healthy eating.